Listen, hiking isn’t every person’s cup of tea. If you’re one of the many visitors who journey to Southern Utah but aren’t thrilled by the prospect of hoofing it up a mountain, we have compiled 10 unique hiking-alternative ways to experience the majesty of Zion National Park.
- Take an off-road UTV tour. There are many highly reviewed outfitters in the Zion area, including the Ultimate UTV Slot Canyon Tour and Zion Jeep Tour.
- Rock climb, rappel, and canyoneer the red rock.
- Push the limits on a mountain bike at Gooseberry Mesa.
- Follow the scenic route. Enjoy the views from your vehicle and follow these routes for the perfect picnic drive or a road-trip add-on.
- Go sunset sandboarding at Peekaboo Slot Canyon. Fly down the sand dunes! These activities sell out fast, so book as soon as you have a trip planned.
- Saddle up with a horse trail riding tour or a cowboy experience. Not your average trail rides, these are a whole new kind of adventure through Zion.
- Explore the Grafton Ghost Town and Little Hollywood Movie Museum. Utah is filled with Western stories and markers of not-so-long-ago eras.
- Admire the stars and Milky Way at night. The National Park Service offers these tips for the best experience. Springdale also hosts free events at the community center during three seasons of the year.
- Practice your sun salutation. Private and group yoga lessons are available by local studios Zion Canyon Yoga and Yoga & Wellness in Zion National Park.
- Get a bird’s eye view. Zion Helicopters offers unforgettable tours from the air!
There are endless ways to enjoy the National Parks in our backyard. These are just a few of our favorites. Follow us on Instagram and Tik Tok for new content and inspiration daily.